Whether you want to decorate for a party or add retro flair to a room, crepe paper flowers are the best fun and innovative decorative flowers that give a fresh party look to yours room.
We needed appropriate decorations for a 1950’s yellow rose
and 1960’s theme. We remembered making crepe paper flowers as kids, but not exactly how to make them.
After days of searching, we found that there was very little information to be had, and what little we found was very general in nature. We wondered how many other people had the same dilemma.
When we began experimenting, we realized that we had forgotten just how beautiful crepe paper flowers can be made.
In case you’ve forgotten, too, look at what we made!
Everything old is new again! The retro look Crepe paper flowers are an authentic retro touch in home décor and set the mood for parties.
If you are looking for a craft you can learn quickly, that does not require expensive equipment or materials and that produce results you can be proud of. So, let’s begin to try making crepe paper flowers.
Materials used to make a Crepe Paper Flower:
- Crepe paper (180g or 140g burgundy, yellow and blue)
- Crayons or color
- Glue gun
- Floral Wire
- Cotton balls
- Petal Templates
How to Make a Crepe Paper Flower Step by Step?
- I will utilize a cotton ball to make pistil.
- The stamen part utilizes yellow crepe paper, collapsed down the middle.
- Twist a dark paper strip to make the highest point of the stamen. The stamen part looks genuine
- Presently we will utilize the paste to glue the stamens into the pistil to finish the focal point of the Anemone flower with paper.
- Presently we will make Anemone petals. You can download the format, cut the layout with crepe paper (or you can utilize cardstock paper). At that point use paint to shading the clear petals.
- Glue 2 layers of petals into the pistil, each layer 4-5 petals.
- At that point, we will connect leaves. Furthermore, complete an incredibly lovely Anemone flower.